The Team: Kimberly

4:00 PM

Kimberly has been with Sugar Fly for 4 years and has recently become certified as a Designer Stylist. She specializes in all aspects of the styling process and loves creating complete hair and makeup looks custom tailored to her clients.  

Why did you decide to become a stylist?
 
I remember watching a TV show when I was a kid and seeing a woman get her hair done. I saw that it made her day and as a kid I thought it was the coolest thing. I wanted to do something that would help people in some sense, even if it was just giving them a haircut to make them feel better. I fell in love with doing hair and beauty so I just kept up with it all throughout high school. 

What are your sources of inspiration?

A lot of my style inspiration comes from TV shows. I also get inspiration from Youtube gurus. They have such a big influence with the younger crowd because the looks are usually more geared toward everyday wear which is a lot more realistic for people. 
 
Is your focus as a stylist to create realistic/manageable looks?

At Sugar Fly, we have a broad span of clientele but the majority of my clients are big on everyday wear. We like to have fun by adding in pops of color.

What is it like working at Sugar Fly?

This October I will have been with Sugar Fly for four years. My favorite thing has been that I've always been given support with everything that I've wanted to do. It has always been more important to Claudia that everything be good at home and that has made me feel like part of a family rather than just another employee.

What makes Sugar Fly different from other salons in Chicago? 

We are able to provide all of the services you need in one. You don't have to constantly jump from one salon to another. Its great for clients that are need in something local. 

What was the journey to working as an educator for Keune?

I've always known that I wanted to do something more than stand behind the chair but I didn't know what exactly it was. We've carried Keune products at the salon for about a year. Working with the product, I realized that all of my work was consistent and I never had to worry about it failing on me. When the opportunity to work with the company arose, I decided to go for it. What made me want to work with them is that they prioritize getting their products into the hands of experienced stylists rather than selling to major beauty retailers like Sally's. 

I was worried about being too young to work for them as an educator but what pushed me was that everyone I spoke to about applying assured me that the company would dedicate their time to extensively train me. When I began training, it felt right—like it was meant to be.

REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT WITH KIM 

FOLLOW HER ON INSTAGRAM 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images